GOLF



                       My name is Robert Fearon and this is my blog on the geography of golf. I chose to do golf as the subject of my geography blog as I really enjoy the game. I am a member in The Grange Golf Club. It is a club that has a lot of members and it is located beside Marlay Park. The game of golf as we know it was first played in Scotland. It was started in Scotland towards the end of the Middle Ages. The first ever golf course to be setup was called St. Andrew's Course. It was setup in Scotland and only had ten holes. The greens on this course were the same consistency as the fairway. There is a photograph in the World Golf Hall of Fame in St. Augustine Florida which shows the course of St. Andrews. The drawing was done in 1436 by government surveyors. Other great courses that were setup around this time include Brora and Royal Dornach. Golf became popular in the 15th century and was originally played with a feather stuffed ball. The ball was hit by players who used tree branches as their clubs. 
                                                                              

Comments

Popular posts from this blog